Listen to the Podcast:
Watch The Video:
Phytoestrogens, Genetics, Sodium, and Probiotics for Your SkinAnother episode of rapid-fire questions and I'll try to summarize here by showing you each Question and a quick answer... Can Lavender Products Be Dangerous?
- Lavender, when consumed in excess, can lead to hormonal imbalances. Lavender contains phytoestrogens, also called "estrogenics." These are compounds that mimic estrogen in the body.
- Personal care products are loaded with Lavender these days!
- Your skin absorbs anything you put on it, including phytoestrogens.
- Diffusing lavender products basically creates a concentrated dose of lavender that you inhale.
- There are 10 separate clinical studies linking lavender to estrogenic symptoms.
- Analyzing the results from these studies is pretty nasty, a direct quote…
- "Lavender has already given rise to many cases of prepubertal gynecomastia from chronic exposure in personal care products."
- Multiple studies have shown this…
- For those of you not already familiar, gynecomastia means man-boobs.
- More research needs to be done but even just based on these 10 studies, I’m not diffusing the stuff or using it on my skin.
- This is simply a matter of genetics, which will always play a role in health... and life is not fair!
- Also, refer back to my AMA - How Weight Loss Ruined Everything.
- America is obsessed with Body Weight!! Which is actually a terrible way to measure health and doesn't tell us anything about the metabolic health of an individual.
- Plenty of people are "skinny fat." They are lean on the outside and metabolically broken on the inside.
- There are plenty of "lean" individuals walking around with 6-pack abs and also suffering from Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease and Type 2 Diabetes.
- Stop the obsession with "skinny!"
- Skinny Does Not Mean Healthy!
- I used to get the worst pit stains while performing on stage as a musician!!
- I had to use prescription strength antiperspirant which (little did I know) was loaded with nasty chemicals!
- I removed all toxic products from my home: Including deodorant, bath soaps, shampoos, conditioners, dishwashing detergent, laundry detergent, cleaning sprays, fabrics softener, toothpaste... Literally everything with toxic ingredients.
- I replaced them with non-toxic alternatives: Pick up my Approved Products E-Book to Replace Your Products!
- I used Mother Dirt AO Mist for 1 Full Year to Improve the Microbiome of My Skin!
- Since then, I deal with zero body odor or pit stains and... wait for it... I do not use deodorant! It's like a miracle, I tell ya!
- I recommend 3-6 grams of sodium per day!
- I get my sodium by supplementing Redmond Real Salt and just taking it with water throughout the day and salting my foods.
- If you don't like the idea of "salt shots" you can also try this great electrolyte supplement LMNT Electrolytes from my good friend, Robb Wolf.