Live Ask Me Anything #25 - Topics Covered:
INTRO (Disclaimer: I am NOT a doctor, or a psychiatrist. **See Full Disclaimer.)4:30- Fasting confuses the hell out of people… 8:29- Fasting in 2018: Dispelling the lies about fasting... 17:30- Fasting for Fat Loss… 22:25- The DIFFERENCE between calorie restriction and fasting: (one is horrific for you. Guess which one?!) 26:04- The most important part of this episode… This is Clovis. 24:38- Fasting vs. Caloric Restriction: The Science 30:25- Autophagy & Apoptosis (huh?) 36:21- Fasting for Longevity… 39:13- “The Biggest Loser Study” and why BMR is so important... 44:49- Fasting and Hormones: Energy and Muscle Gain! 48:30- Different types of fasting and who will benefit from them... 50:26- 382 day fast: A story of incredible results 1:01:20- The Perfect Paleo Powder and Fasting… 1:02:50- Who should NOT fast? 1:05:07- Fasting and Children… 1:11:35- PCOS and fasting… 1:13:00- LIVE Q&A:
- 1:13:09- Commenting on Comments: This is contradictory to everything I’ve been told in the fitness industry
- 1:13:23- Q: Does coffee break your fast?
- 1:14:28- Q: How long and how frequently should I fast?
- 1:16:29- Q: How do you know which type of fast is appropriate for you? I’m not lean but I’m not obese. Help?
- 1:18:03- Q: 16/8 is hard for me because I use pre workout, then go to the gym every morning. Suggestions?
- 1:19:57- Q: Can we talk about fasting and digestive issues?
- 1:21:14- Q: Are there any side effects to fasting? Headaches etc?
- 1:22:09- Q: I’m 37% body fat, should I do an extended fast?
- 1:22:30- Q: Can you work out while fasting? Is it important to work out after you fast?
- 1:23:46- Commenting on Comments: “I think what’s been tripping me up is the lack of rules. Like, ‘What do you mean I just wing it?!’”
- 1:25:02- Q: Sodium supplement vs. Salt shot, is one better?
- 1:25:39- Q: What is a salt shot?
- 1:25:55- Commenting on Comments: “My doctor told me not to fast to get my stomach acid under control.”
- 1:28:30- Q: How long should an extended fast be?
- 1:29:18- Q: Could salting my water be giving me headaches?
- 1:31:24- Q: My husband wants to know if fasting will impact his muscle gain?
Listen to the Podcast:
Show Notes and Resources:
**The opinions expressed in this video and by Justin Nault are published for educational and informational purposes only and are not intended as a diagnosis, treatment or as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, and treatment. Please consult a local physician or other healthcare professionals for your specific health care and/or medical needs or concerns.
Justin Nault, as well as any site or distribution channel where this video may appear, does not endorse or recommend any commercial products, medical treatments, diet plans (i.e. but not limited to terms like "paleo" or "keto"), pharmaceuticals, brand names, processes, or services, or the use of any trade, firm, or corporation name is for the information and education of the viewing public, and the mention of any of the above does not constitute an endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by Justin Nault, or Clovis LLC or any third-party whatsoever. In most instances Justin Nault is speaking "off the cuff"; for that reason, all statements - even a statement such as "studies show" and the like - should be heavily scrutinized. Should you decide to take any advice in this video, and act on it in your own life, or suggest it to another, you do so at your own risk and detriment.**