Live Ask Me Anything #42 - Topics Covered:
Blood Pressure, Salt, and... Sex?!:
6:34- The "Salt-Blood Pressure" Hypothesis...
9:12- Correlation vs. Causation. Details matter...
10:43- How much sodium I recommend...
13:40- How did they get this so wrong?
16:27- The Risks of a low-salt diet...
20:20- The basics of Blood Pressure...
23:35- FB Check
24:40- Your poor kidneys...
28:58- How to stop sugar cravings...
31:04- Hypertension is a metabolic disorder...
33:57- Low-salt, Sex, and Fertility... Oh my!
41:25- Pregnant or Breastfeeding Women...
46:35- When do you need more salt?
53:50- Live Q&A:
- 55:11- Q: Does the dosage for sodium change for kids?
- 57:02- Q: What’s wrong with me if I don’t sweat much, even during intense activity?
- 58:16- Q: Do you think you’ll ever become a functional medicine doctor?
- 59:04- Q: Does ibuprofen cause leaky gut?
- 59:10- Q: What if I sweat TOO much all the time?
- 1:00:12- Q: Will increasing salt improve fertility?
- 1:00:56- Q: I’m already doing 3 tsp a day, should I up the dose while out this weekend for my sister’s 21st birthday? (bonus drinking hack!)
- 1:03:25- Commenting on Comments: I drink Hawaiian salt after a night of drinking and wake up feeling like a champ!
1:04:41- NEW MERCH!
1:11:24- Wrap Up!
Show Notes and Resources:
**Full Medical Disclaimer:
**The opinions expressed in this video and by Justin Nault are published for educational and informational purposes only and are not intended as a diagnosis, treatment or as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, and treatment. Please consult a local physician or other health care professionals for your specific health care and/or medical needs or concerns.
Justin Nault, as well as any site or distribution channel where this video may appear, does not endorse or recommend any commercial products, medical treatments, diet plans (i.e. but not limited to terms like "paleo" or "keto"), pharmaceuticals, brand names, processes, or services, or the use of any trade, firm, or corporation name is for the information and education of the viewing public, and the mention of any of the above does not constitute an endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by Justin Nault, or Clovis LLC or any third party whatsoever. In most instances Justin Nault is speaking "off the cuff"; for that reason, all statements - even a statement such as "studies show" and the like - should be heavily scrutinized. Should you decide to take any advice in this video, and act on it in your own life, or suggest it to another, you do so at your own risk and detriment.**